It's that time of year...where I dream about pumpkin and squash in every way, shape and form :)
But I didn't have pumpkin last weekend, so I turned to another all-time harvest favorite:
Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies (with coconut!)
So good and honestly, quite nutritious for breakfast bites or a post work-out fuel source!
Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Bites
Serving Size: 1 cookie
- 1/4 applesauce or light sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 TBS butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (or almond/coconut/or flour of choice for Gluten Free)
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut (for extra crunch)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream sugars, butter, apple sauce, vanilla and egg.
- Add the dry ingredients (cinnamon, baking soda, salt and flours).
- Fold in the oatmeal and coconut. Then add in the cranberries and white chocolate. Dough is crumbly, but you will press it together when forming the cookies.
- Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes, until lightly golden...don't wait for them to brown dark in the oven or they will be way too well done.
Seriously...so good. I wish I could say they lasted as long as a day...but maybe it was an hour? :)